Thank you for considering Family Law Legal Consulting, PLLC. We offer a unique approach meant to provide exactly the legal services you require efficiently and effectively through the use of unbundled services.
What are “unbundled services?”
Unbundled services are legal services offered as a menu that enables you to choose the legal assistance you need and, hopefully, also control the legal fees you incur.
Sounds great, but how much is this going to cost?
Family Law Legal Consulting offers two fee structures. You can choose a flat rate fee or pay as you go at the hourly rate of $100.00 per hour.
How is a flat rate fee different than an advance payment?
Unlike an advance payment, which is what most lawyers require up front, the flat rate fee is the total due for the entire matter. There are no additional bills unless the legal issue you wish to address changes.
For example, the flat rate charge to complete a simplified modification of child support is $375.00 (keep in mind there is also a filing fee charged by the court and the cost of service). This includes preparing the necessary paperwork, running the calculations, and drafting and delivering the Child Support Order and Income Withholding Order after the Response period is over. If the other party asks for a hearing about the requested modification, then Family Law Legal Consulting will provide assistance to help prepare you for the hearing for no additional cost.
However, if you determine you also want to change parenting time, then addressing this additional issue would either be at the hourly rate or an additional flat rate depending on which payment method you choose.
What are the flat rates?
- Uncontested (parties agree) no children: $500.00
- Rates include assistance with drafting or reviewing the initial paperwork; process guidance; preparation of default paperwork; drafting the default decree; and assistance obtaining the default orders
- Uncontested (parties agree) with children: $800.00
- Same services as above but with the addition of a parenting plan and child support calculations/orders
- Contested (parties disagree) no children: $1000.00
- Same services as above but also includes trial preparation for self-representation; disclosure assistance; and settlement guidance
- Contested (parties disagree) with children: $1,500.00
- In addition to the above mentioned services, this also includes assistance with mediation preparation; trial preparation for self-representation; disclosure assistance; and settlement guidance.
- Uncontested (parties agree): $500.00
- Rates include assistance with drafting or reviewing the initial paperwork; process guidance; requesting and drafting the default decree if no response; and child support calculations
- Contested (parties disagree): $1000.00
- In addition to the above mentioned services this also includes assistance with preparation for mediation; trial preparation for self-representation; and settlement guidance
ALL OTHER CASE MATTERS
Rates include assistance with drafting or reviewing necessary documents; process guidance; trial preparation for self-representation; and mediation preparation as applicable to the case
- Consult Fee: $50.00
- Document Review: $100.00
- Simplified Child Support Modification: $375.00
- Enforcement of existing orders: $750.00
- Modification (both parties agree): $500.00
- Modification (parties disagree): $1,000.00
- Temporary Orders (Pre/Post Decree/Rule 48 Emergency): $500.00
- Please note that temporary orders require additional documents like a petition for divorce or to establish paternity or a petition to modify, so the flat rate incurred here does not include that cost.